Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Spa Lover Interview

As my potential employer has asked me yesterday for the address of this blog, I am gonna tread carefully. Haha.... kidding. But still - at the risk of being read by her. So, I'll give a brief summary.

Contrary to my worries, I found the office with ease (thanks to the Kuala Lumpur and Klang Valley Street Directory on my lap). I didn't really form a preconception of the office in my mind, just so I'll not be taken aback by any expectations. But, I did find it rather odd that the office did not have any signage no matter on the outside or inside (before you enter the office). And it had just the essentials - tables and computers. And a radio. And a room where the principal sat.

So. I met Eunice Ng. First comment - she is thinner in real life. Haha... XD I saw only 2 other female workers in the office. Another male - but I don't know really what is his role there. After the usual filling up of forms, I went into the room to be interviewed by Ms Eunice. I found her rather serious in the beginning, and she spoke in precise, clipped tones. But then after a while, it kinda lapsed into a rather comfortable conversation. She tested my language, speaking to me in English and then switching to Mandarin. Truth be told, I was rather nervous when she asked me to read Mandarin. Hahaha... But it was still fine, I think.

It was a comparatively long interview, approximately 45 minutes long. In that time, I was questioned rather specifically, about everything. And especially what was my objective (as this job has nothing to do with my studies). I was also informed of the nature and services of the company. The interview ended with a word that I'll be contacted again.

I'm experiencing a sort of writer's block for this post. So sorry for my lack of ... anything. Hehe. Perhaps because my thoughts are rather in another post. Gah! I shall stop before this becomes terrible.


No comments: