Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Woe @ Work

Just finished lunch. Back in office. And just wanna blog 'cos not interested in work.

Sat (7/7/07) - goodness, I just realised the date

First time OT in office. Was set for a day without work actually. Then received a call from the HK guy, Ah Tai (who's now back in HK) that they needed my help in office. Arrived at 3.30 pm. Left at around 10.45 pm with another Malay part-time draughtswoman to the KTM station. Went to buy tickets. Man looks at us with a strange expression and tells us, "Tiket sudah tak da la... Tren sudah habis."

Thurs (12/7/07) - 10 am to 10 pm

I don't really remember why. Maybe it was one of those times when the bosses decided to revert to their previous decision. Or it was one of those little design details and you had a busload of ammendments to make. Like how just because the beam now had a curved edge instead of straight ones. Oh, and this was the week where the boss's partner was not around, and he was the one pretty much in the dark about everything. So we (me and the other girl also named May) had to inform him about all the formatting, drawings etc. Left to the train station and waited for more than 40 minutes while chatting 'bout our entire extended families. Caught the last train (I know because I asked the time of the last train the previous time).

Fri (13/7/07) - 10 am to 9 pm

Friday the 13th. Didn't seem to bode too well to our boss, considering this was Upload Day (all our work were uploaded to a ftp site for the HK people). Anyway, I completed all I had to do, before babysitting another much older and experienced draughtsperson regarding the drawings and formats. And he was so much older that I couldn't figure out how to use his CAD commands (he must have reprogrammed something). I saw him typing commands such as "ww" and "qq", which mean absolutely nothing to me. Hah. And then I helped to pack up the drawings to upload lor. And was the day I was so panicked over making my programme book for my church's Family Day outing the following day. Left with shoulders sore and ran all the way across the very high platform of Kepong Sentral station to catch the second-last train.



No comments: