Friday, January 05, 2007

Twice burned

Somehow, I need to write about this. After all, it IS the thing I most dreaded happening.

A repeat of being broken, numb, and cold.

I started to pray when I saw a new e-mail. Praying it wouldn’t be you.
Then I saw it was indeed you; the first line told me what I dreaded was true.

Reluctantly, I clicked to read what was sure to be another death sentence.

“Impossible”, “nothing else” and “never will change” jumped out at me.
The notion of a time longer than forever.
I started to tremble and sunk in my seat.
At the same time, something warm rose in my eyes and fell.
My vision blurred, my body trembled and chilled.

I didn’t absorb everything. Maybe my mind had tried to close off what it knew would stab at my heart. But I couldn’t bring myself to look once more, to comprehend all. What I knew already brought enough pain.

Why did this attack come again? When I received the first, I hoped it would be the last.

I couldn’t face the computer anymore. I walked away, to curl myself up and let it out. Finally, I went to my bed, and covered myself in a blanket, and sat with my head against the wall. Tears flowed for a while, then dried, then flowed some more.


Cold, broken, numb.

No comments: