Saturday, November 13, 2004

Amusement at the Rental Store

The last place I would have expected to amuse me was the rental store where I go to rent VCDs of taiwanese drama series. Recently, I find myself unable to stop smiling once I step out of the store. The reason is: There's a new guy working there. Don't start thinking "She's going there to see him..." In a way, I guess, I am, but only because I want to rent and return VCDs.

The first time he "processed" my rental, i rented 8 VCDs. The next day, I went there again, and rented 4 more. Actually, the shop has a policy that a customer can only rent 8 VCDs at a time. Anyway, at that time, he didn't say anything. The next day, when I entered the shop (haha!), his expression immediately changed as he saw me. It was kinda like, "Oh no, here she is again...aizz...."

Then, when I said I wanted to rent 8 more VCDs, he hesitated, asking me, "Have the store owners ever told u that u can't rent more than 8?" So I replied, "Yes, only at one time, rite?" So, he processed it for me anyway. By now, I had erm...oh my gosh...20 VCDs in my possession. Anyway, I decided to return 8 the next day so that the guy would not be in such a dilemma.

The next night, when he saw me entering, he had that expression again. Then he started speaking, and he said, "Erm...how should i say?" I looked at him with a questioning look. He continued, "The store owner said each customer cannot have more than 12 VCDs with them." So I gestured to the ones I returned and said, "I've returned these, so i have...exactly 12", smiling. Then he said, "but..." and then I understood, "I'm not borrowing anymore, just returning."

And he became really, really embarassed for thinking I would rent some more... I don't know why, his actions just seem to make me feel so ticklish.. I'm so bad...For the last time I went to return, he didn't look up until I was right in front of him, and he merely smiled this time...

No comments: