Monday, September 29, 2008

Shopping with Pris!

Went shopping with Pris today! Though we are so close, the amount of times we've been out together can be counted on one hand (!). So, I was really looking forward to the trip =D We decided to go to Sunway Pyramid 'cos we almost never go there and there was the new wing to explore! So we met in KL Sentral and then went to Subang by KTM together. Then we took a bus. Had a VERY filling breakfast at Toast Box before walking and browsing around.

Went to TGV for a movie - Mamma Mia! (the exclamation mark is part of the title). I wasn't really hyped to see the movie but I was fine with it. The movie was good fun... if you're not expecting a solid story which would leave you thinking about it, it's actually entertaining. I have a tendency to call it a "fluff" movie. Yeah... I know the creator and lots of articles state how they have issues that are still relevant and resonate with everyone - it didn't even occur to me until I read those reviews and articles. BUT, I have to admire Meryl Streep for carrying her role the way she did (it's hard to imagine her bopping up and down on a bed like a kid) though I'm not too sure how I feel about Pierce Brosnan singing (he obviously was the handsome one in the movie).

After that, went shopping a bit more. Bought a bag from Miss T with Pris. Then we went to Popular. Sat there browsing and reading for a loonng time. I couldn't decide which book to buy, so in the end, I got my first ever Mandarin novel 對不起,我想你 by 橘子.



The reason I bought this book was the synopsis:

有很長的一段時間,我不能翻閱我們的照片,
因為我不想哭,對著照片掉眼淚並不適合我。

有很長的一段時間,我沒有辦法去到我們曾經去過的場所,
因為回憶太擠,而當眾嚎啕大哭會讓我看起來很神經。

有很長一段時間,我不能夠說出你的名字,連聽也不能聽的那種不能夠,
因為我知道我會哭,未語而淚先流,

這句話只適合我寫,而不適合我做。
可是我其實一直在哭,在心裡哭。

我不知道幹什麼我要這樣,人前歡笑人後落淚,
我只知道你對我而言不太一樣,
不,
是很不一樣。

Ahh... how I felt... Picked it up straight away.

And then I also saw the CD of a new age duo I have come to love - Secret Garden. Love the packaging, and wavered with the promotion price of RM59.90 for 2 CDs and a DVD. Succumbed in the end, and exited the shop anticipating the feast of my ears XD


my beautiful Secret Garden CD

Dinner was a rather long story, but finally we went for dinner with Jeffrey and his friends in a restaurant in SS2, PJ. Went home anticipating our next outing =D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wohoho.. welcome to the world of chinese novels.. XD
oklaa.. next round, pinjam me urs, and i let you choose mine.. i have 7 chinese novels at the moment.. there is one with short stories, which i think is good for you to start picking up =P and another one with nice nice illus wan (the whole reason of me getting the book XD)

hehe. speaking of which.. i am supposed to borrow you 'ps i love you' hor.. =P

a branch in the vine said...

hah. still dare to say. I watched the movie edi... also still haven't read the book =P

have you read any novels by this author? I donno if I should get more of her books. it's gonna take me a long time, I'm sure... Haha... next time we do book exchanging then.

Chinese novels are cheaper than Eng ones - MY reason of getting the books XD