Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The big US plan part 2

To update on the location in the big US plan, I was first informed that it was somewhere in Los Angeles. Upon Googling, I quickly discovered how big LA really was and I could be buried in search if I didn't ask for more information.


Google Map: Los Angeles

Upon clarification, aforementioned niece actually stays in a place called Upland, CA.
Where is Upland, I ask?
More Googling... Upland is approx. 30 miles east of LA.
How far is 30 miles, I wonder?
I ask my dad at night. My dad says, "About here (KL) to Seremban la...." What??
Here to Seremban would take like 1 to 1 and a half hours drive, depending on your speed.
Obviously, I was not going to study in LA.


Upland area (place marks are universities)

You can see some continuation in the 2 maps. Look for West Covina, Fullerton and Anaheim on the right side in the 1st map. Then look at the same 3 places on the left side in the 2nd map.

Apparently, Upland is rather near to a lot of universities, don't you think?

After more Googling, I am in despair. Many universities are already closed for registration for Winter (Jan '09) and Spring (Feb/Mar '09) semesters. The soonest is Fall (Oct '09) and the dateline is coming soon too.

No comments: