Sunday, September 28, 2008

Olympus µ [mju:] 1040

I bought a new camera! Technically speaking, my mum bought it and it's the family camera (cannot let the expense fall to me, you know). Actually, I'd been eyeing cameras for some time, surveying the models and comparing prices, all that - ever since our old, trusty Canon A410's CCD went whacko. I wanted a camera which could give me all the functions it had and more, not to forget fitting into the budget. And I couldn't find any camera which made me go - this is it. Until now! Haha... It's way over budget but, we're all happy =P


the Olympus µ [mju:] 1040

Especially love the Hot Chilli red casing! Haha... I actually fell for the colour before anything. Basic specs: 10 mp, 3x optical zoom and 2.5" LCD monitor. Has a cool panorama function I was trying to look for in all the other cameras. Was impressed when trying out the camera at the shop.

Best part of the deal was meeting a friend who works in the shop. Haha! Susanna's my senior from Sekolah Seri Suria. Even better, my mum knew her. I studiously kept quiet while my mum did the bargaining. Retail price for this camera is RM899. We couldn't slash anything off this price, but we got some freebies - 2gb Olympus XD Card (which is needed for the panorama function) worth at least RM189, a screen protector worth RM30 and 3 pcs of photo developing vouchers (unlimited amount for 0.33 sen each). Bought a leather casing for RM49.

Definitely a cave in the pocket... but as I said, we're all happy =P

No comments: