Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pineapple Tarts for CNY

This year we (mum and I) somehow hit on the idea of baking cookies for sale this CNY. Previously I've made my personal favourite CNY cookie - the pineapple rolls - for fun. They turned out quite nicely too. So, we bought the ingredients and materials needed and I slaved away in the kitchen.

Just in case you think I have a big production, let me dash your thoughts away. Hahaha... well, baking cookies for sale is not as easy as you might think. Requires many hours of standing. And I have a small oven. Anyway, I made enough :)


A portion of the pineapple jam I cooked


Rolling the jam into the pastry


The rolls getting ready to go into oven, with glaze


Baked pineapple rolls!


I made 10 of these containers. Sold 6 of them and gave 2 (can't collect money from grandma). Another 2 I eat la, of course XD

Don't know when I'll make again. Getting hungry just looking at the photos. Think I'll go to the kitchen to get my pineapple roll fix. Hehe...

No comments: