Friday, December 10, 2004

Broken, Numb, Lifeless

At first, I was flying, over the moon. Really carefree, enjoying myself, skipping through college. Then, I went to the pc lab to check my e-mail. I smiled as I saw two e-mails, from "him". And I was still smiling after I read the first one.

I read through the second one so fast, that when the meaning registered, I went back over it again. I felt my whole body go cold, my hands stopped moving, one glued to the keyboard and the other to the mouse, and i just....froze. I stared at the monitor again, not believing what I saw, read. This couldn't be happening....

My eyes blurred, and finally, I understood, how the actresses in drama serials could cry on the spot, reading a letter or something from the person they were in love with. Here I was, in the pc lab, and tears rolled down my cheeks. I couldn't move, couldn't think, couldn't do anything.

If the condition of my heart could be amplified, perhaps what you would hear was the shattering sound of something broken into pieces. Or perhaps a cut becoming a wound, bleeding, unable to stop.

No comments: