Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Coming back

I've not exactly made good on my promise to update my blog more regularly :P

It's just that so many things have been going on that I've not had the energy to do much... I shall perhaps write a brief recap here, that will not do the events any justice but it's just better than nothing... (I'm feeling like I'm sounding like one of my friends but that's another story...).

Hmmm... the biggest thing that happened was of course my theatre performance :D No words can describe what kind of experience this has been. The intense periods brought with them times of utter joy and moments when I was so touched and overcome with emotion that I couldn't help but cry. The content of the play we performed had a hand in this, I think, because it made us, or me at least, confront so many hidden things in me. And now I would like to think that the cast and crew of Living with Lady Macbeth share a very special bond because of all we've been through as a group. I learnt so much from everyone involved and I certainly hope I contributed my share.

Thanks to Annie's camera :)
Another event that I participated in was a trip we organized to Lamma Island together with a lot of the exchange students. It was a very pleasant time being out and about, despite the fact that I kinda got "tricked" into hiking up a "refreshing" trail. Yeah, right. Anyway, I was happy because I got to eat lots of seafood, which I love. Hehehehehe.... 

And just slightly before that, I finally participated in an outing with the Photography Society I joined since last semester. We went to a village which was about to be demolished because the Government was reclaiming it for an MTR project. And because these things never happen without meeting any resistance and unfairness, we walked into a place that looked torn down and ravaged. We were asked to think about what we wanted to capture, and the emotions we felt, if any. It was a new experience because I saw photography for a specific purpose that day.

In between all that, was all the times I gathered with my friends just having some food (sushi or McD mostly) and chatting down at the Learning Commons. Topics were so random they ranged from food allergies to drunken incidents to relationships and friendships and old school stories. Laughed till there were tears in my eyes. Good times. 

Now, I need to settle down, and calm myself. Out of all my subjects, I have probably only been making sense of one or two of them, and skimming the surface of all the others. First exam next Tuesday. OH MYYYY.... Ok, breathe.

I will be back.


No comments: