Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Going

Yes, I finally think I can update now.

Because I'm going.

Where? The question is. Hong Kong. The answer is.

After all the grand thoughts and sad days and waiting and planning and hoping, I have settled to go to Hong Kong. The place I'm going to is called The Hong Kong Institute of Education (香港教育學院). I'm going to do a 4-Year Full-time Bachelor in English (Honours) (English Language) - Primary Programme. I'm writing in simple direct sentences because I'm too lazy to think of composing my words :P Oh, how I wish I were one of those who were naturally amusing! (*forgive the drama)

The next question, I believe is - What? Why? Thought you were doing Architecture? Why do Education in Hong Kong?

Sigh... I suppose an explanation is due. In case anyone else asks in future, I can always direct them to this post, right? So... for reasons why I'm no longer doing Architecture, you can read this post here. After that is done, then you would know that my other interest lay in languages.

I wasn't searching for courses in Education actually. It was after I hit a lot of snags (financial, datelines) with language courses, that I had this question posed to me, "Would you consider doing Education?" I pondered. I thought, if I did languages, the road would either be translating the language, or teaching the language, right? If it was the latter, then a course in Education in a particular language makes sense, doesn't it?

As to why Hong Kong, actually I was just looking for more viable options. Since the US and UK are technically off-limits due to financial restraints, it meant that I had to look for somewhere nearer. I entertained the idea of going to Korea for a while, because I had been learning the language and was interested to continue pursuing it, but even Korea is too expensive without a scholarship. And Singapore is... so near. Hong Kong now, is further without being too far, and has the advantage of being an international hub, which brings to thought that there might be options to learn other languages there. Or, you could google "Why study in Hong Kong?".

Why English then? Because. That is what is offered.

Why would you do EDUCATION/ ENGLISH in HONG KONG? You can do that in Malaysia? Because.

I just don't want to study in Malaysia.

Not because of any bad reasons, really. It's just my personal dream of studying overseas.

So, I think I'm done explaining. All the itsy-bitsy stuff would take too long to write and I don't think anyone's interested anyway (those who are should already know...).

Final word - 18th August 2010 is the date I'm going! :D


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Good to hear that! Woah! That's like so soon!

a branch in the vine said...

Hihi... Yea, that's why I thought I should post something before I leave :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. So there'll be more updates when you're there? haha

a branch in the vine said...

Haha... of course! I need to update my family also ma :)

Anonymous said...

oh, so ur family gets update from ur blog ah hahaha

a branch in the vine said...

Well, at least my sister does :P Then she passes it on to my family la. But both my mum and bro got FB also :D

Anonymous said...

lols. but ur blog so slow update she still folo ar hahaha. I like reading your blog so don't stop hahaha

a branch in the vine said...

Haiyo. She's my SISTER ma. Slow or fast also will follow de la... Hopefully my blog will be revived :D