Tuesday, January 01, 2008

To my Lord

At the turn of the year, I start to question myself, as to what I have done, what I have accomplished, and what I have learned. And then, I hear inside me to count my blessings, and to give thanks. Outwardly, I feel as if I have not achieved much, yet I know the Lord is faithful to provide me an environment where I can best experience Him. Here, I share 3 hymns (诗歌) to express my appreciation and aspiration towards my dear Lord.

When I consider my accomplishment, I remember this hymn, and admire the person who wrote this -

If I gained the world, but lost the Saviour,
Were my life worth living for a day?
Could my yearning heart find rest and comfort,
In the things that soon must pass away?
If I gained the world, but lost the Saviour,
Would my gain be worth the lifelong strife?
Are all earthly pleasures worth comparing
For a moment with a Christ-filled life?

若今得世界而失去救主,
岂值得一日在此活着?
在这些就要过去之物中,
安息与安慰岂能寻得?
若今得世界,而失去救主,
所得的一切够用一生?
地上所有的快乐也不能
比那充满了主的生命。

What I would ask of Him to experience,

Nearer each day to me,
Dearer each day to me,
This Person inside me is becoming reality.
Saving me, loving me,
Faith and hope giving me,
You’re all the world to me,
Jesus my Lord.

Even when faith is small,
When there’s no hope at all
I hear Him say to me,
Trust in Me, and you’ll see
That I’ll supply all your needs
If only you will believe
All anxious doubts will cease
While trusting in Me.

And my prayer,

Lord, keep my heart always true to You
Never backsliding, always viewing You
A heart that is pure, that sees only You
A heart that loves You and treasures only You.


1 comment:

luckyfrog said...

Great message, you can visit my blog : www.touchjesus.blogspot.com

GBU,Pierre