Saturday, May 19, 2007

Just an Update

I've been looking for a job recently. I made a profile at Jobstreet.com, created my resume with their Step-by-step builder, and I was all set to apply for any job that caught my fancy. It's actually quite fun to look at all the jobs available. Makes you think that you have such a high chance of getting employed. Hee hee... that sounds a bit cynical (didn't mean it to be).

Anyway, I looked at some that seemed to apply for my qualifications (not that much actually). And then I also applied for some that was of interest and didn't require that high a qualification, the latest being Holiday Day Camp Assistant Facilitator. So far, I've made 11 applications. Currently, 4 of them are "in process" and 1 unsuccessful. Oh well, I suppose that's very good, considering that I haven't been using this service for a week yet. Haha...

Hmm... what else? I still have one last thing to hand in to college, and can't seem to beat myself up to finish it. *Sigh* And after that, I would probably work at fixing my grades (long story) while working, no matter permanent or part time or freelance. Oh! I finished my Illustrator class too. Had an assessment the previous week. Was quite satisfied with what I could do. Been practising by doing banners and leaflets for my mum (with pay involved). Next 2 weeks, Photoshop class is gonna be starting.

Been playing the piano a lot these days. A day without playing it for a while would seem a bit weird actually. Other than that, I've been intrigued by an instrument called the ukulele. So cute! It's like a mini version of a guitar (more like the size of a violin) but with only 4 strings. Haha... I'm planning to get one and learn. I can't press a full barre chord on the guitar, but I sure can with an ukulele! Hoping I have an advantage with smaller fingers. Hehe... I was watching one brother playing with it after church youth meeting today. He's still experimenting with it too (he's a guitar pro). I should get one soon.... then we'll see how it turns out! Hee hee...

No comments: