Monday, April 23, 2007

Old Friend's Party

I went to an old friend's birthday party yesterday. She wasn't exactly a close friend of mine, but I still met her on and off after she changed schools. I was kinda surprised to received an SMS inviting me, and since I haven't been in touch with most of my ex-schoolmates, I decided to attend. It was such a long time since I last went to a party that I only remembered I forgot a present half an hour before the party started. XD

I don't know what I expected actually. I told myself that seeing an old friend was reason enough. She stayed in a really posh area in Cheras, those sort of 3-storey bungalows on a slope with city nightline view costing probably 2 million, and that is only the house. Anyway, I met a friend on the way there so I joined her in the car with her boyfriend.

When we arrived, there were quite a few people there already. Saw some people I really haven't seen for at least 3 full years. Too bad those I was closer to weren't able to make it. I called one there actually, and she said I sounded different, more grown-up. Hah! Found out that 4 of the people in my batch had gotten married already. Goodness! When I saw the photos in Friendster some time ago, I thought my eyes were playing tricks with me. So now I had it confirmed, one of them having had his dinner just last month, and another earlier this year.

We explored the house, the gang of us from the school. I wished I had obeyed my instinct to bring my camera. I quite like the house actually, although the interior finishes and furniture are not to my taste (quite Chinese, mostly white and golden gilded, elaborate fans and chandeliers). I liked that the house had an outdoor garden on the 2nd level, complete with a swing and a pavillion. There were a few terraces and balconies on the upper floors that allowed you the view I mentioned above. And being a 3 storey house meant there would be a void triple volume. This space had a grand curved staircase from the 2nd floor. The wall was finished with man-made rock and had a mini waterfall trickling into a small pond below too. Only thing was this volume is not fully visible from the front when you enter, which is a waste.

After cutting the cake and eating it, there was really nothing much to do. Small talk could only last so long. Quite a few of them started to leave, and I managed to get a ride from a kind friend to a place where my mum could pick me up. I was there for only an hour and a half. Didn't have the feeling that you just came back from a party I used to have last time. Haha... Something to do with being more grown-up? =P

No comments: