Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tidbits - Mamak

As I sit here falling asleep (and most probably would 'slip' away soon), I thought of sharing 2 short incidents, 'tidbits' in my life. Both of these incidents happened in one of the most popular cultures of Malaysia, the mamak.

Incident 1:

Yesterday, my family and I went for dinner. As we sat down, the boss came to take our order. He asked, "Minum apa?"

My mum replied, "Roti sardin"

Without blinking an eye, the boss continued, "Minum roti sardin, makan apa?"

I looked at my brother, and we both burst out laughing.

Incident 2:

This morning, I had breakfast with my mum. The boss came asking, "Nescafe tarik, teh tarik?"

Mum replied, "Nescafe tarik", then gestured to me, asking me what I wanted to drink.

One of the workers asked, "Teh tarik a?"

The boss, with an imitation of a little girl, "Dia cakap, Saya mau milo..." =P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lols
you should start a 'ltbm' section too liao. with the '无聊'ness of yours in coll.. XD