Friday, August 12, 2005

Dessert!

Recently I found that people around us can be quite creative when they are given the chance to show it... Hahaha... yesterday when I went to Serdang, I found that they (the brothers and sisters) actually were taking part in a Dessert Competition. I found it quite comical really, the idea.

Anyway, I waited to see the show while I helped Sister House 4 decorate their "Ark", the one Noah built to save his family and everything else. And wow! these people were really quite creative in relating some spiritual meaning to the desserts they made.

Well, let's display the names that were there first - we had "Manna and Living Water", then "God is Love", "God's Expression", "Oneness", "Fountain of Life", "Living Bread from Heaven", "All-Inclusive Christ", "The Ark", "God's Salvation" and last but not least, "Little Water Lily".

Haha....if that wasn't impressive enough, wait till you hear how they presented the meanings behind everything. The first one, "Manna and Living Water" was glutinous balls 'tang yuan' in sweet syrup. Then "God is Love" was actually jelly, but they decorated it with one big heart shape on the outside, and then one small one within it, signifying God's love in comparison to our natural human love.

"God's Expression" was actually spring rolls 'popiah', though how were they related to God's expression that I do not know, or should I say "see". =P But the presenter certainly did try a good job explaining almost every item on the plate, including the sauce for the popiah.

"Living Bread from Heaven" is really bread, spread with kaya and fried with egg. "The Ark"was actually a dish I'd never seen before, probably a specialty from East Malaysia. It was made of crackers, layered with pork and luncheon meat, and steamed; 3 layers in total. Then there were slices of peach for the "waves", and some green vege cut to the shape of 8 human figures. =)

"God's Salvation" was the simplest dish, white, round jelly. The explanation was that God's salvation requires us only to accept Him simply, and the roundness typified the completeness and perfection of God.

All in all, it was a really fun Inter-Varsity Night. I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves very much! Haha... oh, I haven't wrote who was the winner yet right? Well, the 3rd place was "God's Expression", then the 2nd was "God is Love", and the winner - *deng deng deng deng* "The Ark"!

Haha.... I had somehow unknowingly become part of the winning group.... =P Anyway, it was certainly a nice experience. I'm very glad that I bravely went (I say this because of the haze)!

2 comments:

Glowing Star said...

so "THe Ark" was the winner... congratulations! i heard of this intervasity nite from someone else too.... but u gave me a more detailed overview....sounded like fun. would have loved to be able to witness it myself. :)

xiong said...

yumm... :)