Saturday, January 29, 2005

That Empty Tower

I wrote this one day when I was feeling really down, desolate, and really quite nothing. That feeling was so overwhelming that I felt out of control. So, I poured it all out. Perhaps it describes what I felt, perhaps it doesn't. Anyway, I don't really understand the complete meaning of what I wrote when I re-read it. Maybe anyone can enlighten me?
That Empty Tower
Within the deep, dark places
A slow, creepy thing arises
Slow as it seems
It rises, eats
Grows without confines.

A creature unseen,
Always it has been
If left to stay
A high price later to pay.

As it grows, it is like a tower
With dormant power
When more and more
Gets into this core,
Deeper and deeper it bores.

These that go in,
Are like prints made on sand
With just a little wind
They leave, baring the land
Seemingly many
Yet really empty.

Initially thought to fulfil
That deep, deep space
It gives no thrill
Finally to know
It sets even further a pace.

A tall tower it may be
Seemingly strong
When real to see
Echo of emptiness all along.

An empty tower
With nothing to flower
Why not allow a sower
His love here to shower?

No comments: